Birmingham Grandparents’ Rights Lawyers
Compassionate Family Attorneys Who Can Assist You
Governor Bentley recently signed HB334, a bill that protects and defines
the legal visitation rights of grandparents in regards to their grandchildren.
Under this law, grandparents can be granted visitation rights by a court
if they can prove that they have a significant and viable relationship,
and that the visitation is in the child’s best interest.
Any grandparent may file for visitation rights if it is in the best interest
of the child and one of the following conditions exist:
- One or both parents of the child are deceased
- The marriage of the parents of the child has been dissolved
- A parent of the child has abandoned the minor
- The child was born out of wedlock
- The child’s biological parents are using their parental authority
to prohibit a relationship between the child and the grandparent
Birmingham family attorneys can walk you through this situation or any other divorce or family law
case. We are a compassionate and caring team and look forward to advocate
on your behalf.
Contact Beckum Kittle at (205) 419-8068 for a FREE case review.